BGMC Exceeds $7 Million for Second Consecutive Year
By Mary Boyd, BGMC Coord., national BGMC office
We have now assembled the giving reports for the 2016 BGMC giving. This way you’ll have these reports for your March Missions Madness challenges and for reporting on National BGMC Day. CLICK HERE to review these reports.
I’m excited to report that the new total for 2016 BGMC is $7,843,886.85! This is an incredible amount for missions!
Since BGMC started in 1949, $141,416,565.52. has been given to missions!
There is one report in particular that we want you to take a good look at. That report is the top 100 churches in each division. Look to see where your church lands on this list compared to other churches your size around the nation! CLICK HERE to view that report.
Thank you for all that you do to support missions, to teach your kids about missions, and to sacrifice for the cause of missions. Millions of lives have been touched and won to the kingdom of God because of you, your church, and your kids! THANK YOU! TELL YOUR KIDS WE ARE SO PROUD OF THEM!
- This is the highest giving year in the history of BGMC.
- This is the second time to go over seven million dollars.
- Giving was up 12 percent over giving from 2015. Giving was up over $831,000 more than in 2015!
- The Peninsular Florida district is the FIRST district in the history of BGMC to go over $1 million in one year! They have also been the number one, top giving district for the last 11 years, including 2016! In 2016, they gave $1,186,079.33! Congratulations to Steve Powell, district executive secretary/BGMC director; Sydney Morrow, district children’s ministries director; Chuck Padgett, district BGMC coordinator; and Tom Manning, district missions director for their passion and vision for BGMC!
- The Peninsular Florida district had eight of the top 10 giving churches in the nation from their district.
- First Assembly of God in Fort Myers, Florida, was the top giving church in the nation giving $166,118.26! They have been first in the nation 8 out the last 9 years. Congratulations to lead pastor, Rev. Dan Betzer, and children’s pastors, Rev. Sammy and Jan Whaley!
- The district with the highest per capita giving is the Wyoming District with $17.76.
- Forty-five districts are showing long-term BGMC growth. Only five districts are showing long-term decline.
- Top giving district for Coins For Kids for Girls Ministries was the Peninsular Florida District.
- Top giving district for Master’s Toolbox for Royal Rangers was the Tennessee District.
TOP TEN CHURCHES IN THE NATION:
- $166,118.26—First Assembly of God, Fort Myers, Florida
- $92,238.00—Faith Assembly of God, Orlando, Florida
- $79,914.53—Harvest Assembly of God, Lakeland, Florida
- $70,009.56—Bethel Assembly of God, Lake Worth, Florida
- $65,184.96—New Life Assembly of God, Lehigh Acres, Florida
- $64,828.59—Victory Church, Lakeland, Florida
- $63,392.45—Oxford Assembly of God, Oxford, Florida
- $57,872.64—Orchard Assembly of God, Semmes, Alabama
- $53,297.42—Christian Life Center, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- $51,251.37—First Assembly of God, Griffin, Georgia
GIVING REPORTS ON THE WEB:
- 2016 BGMC Grand Totals
- 2016 BGMC District Ranking (largest to smallest)
- 2016 BGMC District Totals in alpha order
- 2016 BGMC Top 10 Churches in each Division
- 2016 BGMC Top 100 Churches in the Nation
- 2016 BGMC Top 100 Churches in each Division
- 2016 BGMC Top 5 Churches in each District and Division
- 2016 BGMC Top Language Churches in each Division
- 2016 BGMC Coins For Kids report
- 2016 BGMC Masters Toolbox report
Baby David & BGMC
BGMC Offerings Enable Missionaries to Rescue Baby
BGMC Helps Missionaries Ministering to Troubled Kids
A BGMC missionary thank-you letter from Poland.
HealthCare Ministries: "Hope that Heals"
A missionary thank-you from HealthCare Ministries.
A Testimony from Missionary Glenda Evans with Africa Oasis Project
From the Desk of Mary Boyd, national BGMC coordinator
Church of 100 Raises $11,000
BGMC blesses Africa Oasis Project, thanks to small but faithful church.
Safe Drinking Water, Thanks to BGMC
Missionaries provide water filters to Africa
It's critical: teaching kids to have a global worldview
Missionaries Steve and Glenda Evans: Africa Water Well Project
Paye, Zimbabwe, receives new water well
BGMC Partners with AOP to Dig Well in Togo
Missionaries Mark and Vickie Alexander in Africa share about new water well.
Missionary Travels to Remote Madagascar
A nation needing God