2017 GIVING REPORTS
We have now assembled the giving reports for the 2017 BGMC giving. They are below for you to download. This way you’ll have these reports for your March Missions Madness challenges and for reporting on National BGMC Day.
We’re excited to report that the BGMC givng total for 2017 is $8,315,805.28! This is an incredible amount for missions!
Since BGMC started in 1949, $149,732,370.80. has been given to missions!
There is one report in particular that we want you to take a good look at. That report is the top 100 churches in each division. Look to see where your church lands on this list compared to other churches your size around the nation!
Thank you for all that you do to support missions, to teach your kids about missions, and to sacrifice for the cause of missions. Millions of lives have been touched and won to the Kingdom of God because of you, your church, and your kids! THANK YOU! TELL YOUR KIDS WE ARE SO PROUD OF THEM!
- This is the highest giving year in the history of BGMC.
- This is the first time to go over eight million dollars.
- Giving was up 6% over giving from 2016. Giving was up over $471,919.43 more than in 2016!
- The Peninsular Florida district is the FIRST district in the history of BGMC to go over one million dollars in one year in 2016! And now they have gone over one million dollars for the second year in a row! They have also been the number one, top giving district for the last 12 years! In 2017, they gave $1,084,211.65! Congratulations to Steve Powell, district executive secretary/BGMC director; Sydney Morrow, district children’s ministries director; Chuck Padgett, district BGMC coordinator; and Tom Manning, district missions director for their passion and vision for BGMC!
- The Peninsular Florida district had six of the top ten giving churches in the nation from their district.
- First Assembly of God in Fort Myers, FL was the top giving church in the nation giving $139,508.36! They have been first in the nation 9 out the last 10 years. Congratulations to lead pastor, Rev. Dan Betzer, and children’s pastors, Rev. Sammy and Jan Whaley!
- The District with the highest per capita giving is the West Florida District with $19.63.
- The District with the highest percentage of churches giving to BGMC is the Wyoming District with 76.92%.
- Fifty-five districts are showing long-term BGMC growth. Only 5 districts are showing long-term decline.
- Coins For Kids for Girls Ministries had their highest giving year in 2017 with a 23.55% increase in giving over 2016. The girls gave a total of $252,451.40 to Coins For Kids/BGMC.
- Top giving district for Coins For Kids for Girls Ministries was the Peninsular Florida District giving $31,859.52.
- Master’s Toolbox for Royal Rangers had their highest giving year in 2017 with a 81.98% increase in giving over 2016. The boys gave a total of $185,038.38 to Master’s Toolbox/BGMC.
- Top giving district for Master’s Toolbox for Royal Rangers was the Peninsular Florida District giving $22,200.80.